Wednesday, May 8, 2013
A night in Labor and Delivery...
Yesterday(36 weeks exactly) I started throwing up at work(fun!!). My carpool had to drive my car home and then the real fun started. Could not stop throwing up and then I felt so dehydrated so I decided to have 4 sips of water which immediately came back up as 4 gallons of water. We called the doctor and she said to head to L&D at Cedars so BT and I made the trek. I took one step out of the elevator and fell to the ground and started heaving(nothing left to throw up!!). Mortified, they wheelchaired me to a room and hooked me up to lots of fun machines. I felt baby's hiccups while throwing up so I knew she was ok but there were so many tummy contractions that I certainly gave her a wild ride!! Once they had the baby on the monitor and determined she was ok I felt better. They gave me an iv to rehydrate me and also pumped me with anti-nausea meds and I immediately started feeling so much better. When the doctor came in she said my labs came back really good except I was severely dehydrated(which I knew!). So cruel to be that sick at 36 weeks pregnant. I couldn't even throw up right with the watermelon in the way. Just so thankful baby is ok. We think it was a stomach bug that has hopefully passed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment