Taken at 2am as we were leaving for the hospital!!
I always appreciate birth stories as they're all so unique:) Bentley was so very different from his siblings. My water broke as I sat up in bed at 11pm which was a first for me. Not the "Hollywood" water break but a slow break(the kind that might be confused with peeing your pants over and over!!). After running to the bathroom and checking with our good friend GOOGLE we realized what was happening. I'd been to the doc the day before and she told me I was only dilated to a 1 so I was terrified to go to the hospital with such little progression. Nana came over at 2am and we arrived at Cedar's at 2:30. They checked me around 3am and I was only dilated to 3cm and was having NO contractions...again I was terrified. Terrified mostly of pitocen and what it might lead to which such little natural progression but I had no choice as my water was still breaking. Dr. Adberg, my angel, was OF COURSE on vacation and the doctor on call was MALE and the nurse said "he LOVES pitocen and I spoke to him and he said if you're not progressing he wants to start you on it at 7am". Ahhh. Ok fine. Nurse let us get Starbucks and walk the halls:) I remember seeing my reflection in the glass window as we walked and thinking "this tummy will be gone by the end of the day". I always get a bit weepy about it but of course was so anxious to meet our Bentley! Male doc arrived at 7:30 and he knew how I felt abt pitocen. He said he'd give me til 9:30am and confirmed that I was still only at 3cm. BT and I napped and at 9am still no contractions so BT headed for food. While he was gone they started my pitocen and by 9:30 BT came back in shock as the room was filled with nurses and most importantly I was right in the middle of getting an epidural. My contractions started immediately when they hooked up the pitocen. They checked me again at 9:45 and I was still only 3cm but in the most EXCRUCIATING pain. There was a doula in the room and she was "tickling" my legs and trying to talk me through it but I'd never felt pain like this. I was crying which had never happened before in labor and the nurses were all confused as to why the epidural never kicked in. The kept calling in the "pain management" crew and they kept increasing the dose to no avail(although I could hear them saying "it should work now"). I heard whispers about them having the epidural re-inserted(my worst nightmare). This went on for an hour. Finally nurse checked me at 10:45am and to everyone's shock...I was at 10!!! Took me an hour to go from 3-10...no wonder I felt so close to death(no other way to describe it!!) Everyone was certain(even me) that I'd be there all day. Doc came in, sat on the bed, and I pushed 2 times and that was it! Doc didn't even drop the bed or prepare it...just sat on it and I pushed him out. I had never been so happy to see our baby!!! He weighed in at 7lbs 3oz and was 21" long. They said I went too fast for the epidural to work and if I plan on getting pregnant again I need to go to the hospital with the first contraction I feel! Wowsers.
Bentley latched on just fine and slept great in the hospital(and ever since). The nurses were so sweet and fell in love with Baby B just like we did. They kept saying what a good baby he was and they were right! After a few days at home i noticed the whites of his eyes were pretty yellow...jaundice indeed. A few heel pricks and doctor appointments later the docs finally said just to feed him extra and expose him to light. Last night he slept from 10pm-2:30am and then from 3:15-7am can't complain one bit! Presto was the same way so apparently the Tees men like to sleep!!! Here are some hospital pictures of our angel baby along with all the visitors who came to greet him!
We had a beautiful view from our window.
Welcome to our family Bentley...
Mommy in awe of her little man and how quickly he came into the world
Bentley's visitors:
Auntie Kelly who is going to be a mommy in a few months for the first time!!
Auntie Sarah who made the cutest plate of Everett and Emily...it was a big hit with the nurses:) Uncle Frank came earlier and made it to the delivery room 10 minutes after Bentley arrived!! Now that's timing:)
Marta was his first visitor. She came with chocolates covered potato chips and a beautiful orchid:)
Ally made this amazing potted "plant" for Bentley. All the "flowers" were clothes. She had a "plaque" on it with his name and stats and a signature from the family on the bottom. Sooooo adorable!!!
The P's!
Miss Kelly G!!!
Bentley's proud grandparents!!
I always thought these binkies were so silly looking but this is the only one he'd take in the hospital. It's HUGE!!!
Sleepy baby...he looks just like Presto here:)
Home bound! Big smiles b/c we're seeing our other babies for the first time in 2 days!
Teeny tiny Bentley was by far the smallest baby we brought home yet. He was around 6.5lbs...eeks!
HOMECOMING:
I LOVE this picture. Leyla said the kids were so excited. Phia didn't want to ride her bike because she was afraid she'd miss us. She was soooo loving toward him when he came home. Presto maybe thought Bentley was a doll ha!

Presto was sooooo excited to see Daddy...he wouldn't stop hugging him(heart melts)

Phia didn't want to leave his side!
Sooo curious...
Look at this smile!! She's such a proud big sister!!
Hands coming from everywhere!!
Note: using my elbow as a shield!
I love newborn yawns...soooo big!
Phia's first time holding Bentley. She was in heaven:)
No comments:
Post a Comment