Monday, July 25, 2011

Sophia Lillian turns 3 and it's a Strawberry Shortcake Soiree!



We asked Phia what her favorite part of the day was and she said "when everyone sang Happy Birthday to me" and her facial expression says it all!!

I'll let the picture speak for themselves(and there are a LOT) but I have to say, our great friends Nicole and Mike let us borrow their water slide, cotton candy machine, popcorn machine, and hot dog machine which made the party! I made chocolate covered marshmallows pops and strawberry shortcake cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes for the chocolate lovers. Sophia was SO excited for her party. One thing that's so special about our Phia is her reaction when she recieves gifts. It's nothing we've ever taught her but she's so genuinly thankful and usually belts out a "WOW", OR "OH MY GOSH", always followed by "THANK YOU I LOVE IT!!". She has an amazing gift of making others feel really good and while opening her gifts I looked at her and felt so proud:) We love you Miss Phia and you continue to amaze us with your gigantic personality!

I took the day off work to bake for my little princess;)

BT came to the rescue and made the Strawberry Shortcake box for the pops(even wrapped it!)

These were the thank you treats. They said "love, Sophia" on the back...

Presto "helped" mommy decorate:)

She only wore her outfit for an hour but she loved it.

Our sweet Presto had a blast as well!!

Phia dug into the marshmallow pops before anyone arrived(of course...how could she resist!)

Phia and Viv before everyone arrived. Phia was bursting with excitement:)

Preston was woken up early from a nap so this is what we got:)

Before the chaos began!

The kids loved the cotton candy of course:)

The finished cupcakes all ready to be devoured!

See how many are missing before anyone showed up?

I think Emma liked the marshmallow pops:)

Yay...Kell and I don't get very many shots together!

Mommy lathering up the princess in sunscreen...

Nana and Presto!

Marta enjoying her shaved ice!

Auntie Kelly, Emma, and Phia waiting patiently for their shaved ice:)

"Weeeeeee"

Cousin Michael keep BT company while bbq'ing(I love Presto's face)

Jason also keeping BT company...he had a lot of company!

Marta made this peanut butter chocolate cake for Phia. It was 3/4th's gone by the end of the day. DE-LICIOUS!!

Jen and Tommy! Jen is a good friend of mine from high school and I hadn't seen her in about 13 years!

Nicole and Mike. Nicole was my bff in high school and they generously lent us all waterslide which was a big hit:)

Daddy had bbq duty and his burgers were amazing!! Good job daddy!!

Pretty Nana with BT:)


Preston enjoying his shaved ice:)

Vivien and Phia(Viv is Nicole's daughter)

Uncle Ryan and Jack

Brady and Blake

The kids loved the playhouse...

Hi birthday girl! I think she had 3 of these(fitting for her 3rd b-day)

Duncan and dad John

Grandma and Grandpa Tees

Daddy got this great action shot...

POOL TIME!!










Sophia got a giant pink barbie car from Nana and Nonno! We had to charge the battery so we haven't taken it on a proper ride yet but wow...it's amazing!

It's "Happy Birthday" time!

Look at how excited she is!! Made our heart melt:)


Mommy was excited too!

Make a wish...


Opening presents. I hadn't planned on doing this but unopened presents can only sit there so long with a 3 year old...she notices now!!

Nope, this isn't a cookie. It's an entire turkey burger and Presto ate the WHOLE thing!!

A great shot of the table with all the cupcakes. Flowers courtesy of Nana of course:)

Ally and Jason with sweet baby Carter. Yes that's a beer bottle in his mouth:)

Kelly sandwich! Miss Kell Patterson made it all the way from Fresno!

I love this picture of Jake and Presto. Water bottles are the perfect toy for 18 month olds!

Nana and Nonno gave Phia a little Dora tent so the night ended with Phia gathering all her presents in the tent and sitting there in silence enjoying them:)She was in present heaven!

1 comment:

Kari and Stephen said...

OMG so fun to see all the pix! You ddi an amazing job!!! It came out so great!!!!!!