Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mommy's Day Tea at Phia's school

What a treat this was! Phia made me feel so special:) The teachers baked blueberry scones with lemon glaze so each mommy got a basket of those served to us by our kids along with a basket of strawberries. There was clotted cream and jam on the tables and the teachers served us our tea. I was already tearing up when Phia handed me my goodies so I was a complete mess by the time they got to singing the 2 songs they prepared for us. So touching and sweet:) The kids also made each of us a cook book filled with the recipes of all the different foods they've made in the classroom throughout the year(and the kids colored the book). Since strawberries were the theme, they asked each child why their mommy's were "berry" special and Phia's said "because my mommy plays with me"...hey at least she didn't say "because my mommy likes to do laundry" like her classmate said:) Lastly, we painted a strawberry together. I painted her hands for the red, my fingers were the green stems, and we made the black seeds together with our fingerprints. SUCH a special memory for me. I loved every single minute of it. Phia makes me swell with pride. She's such a special little girl who is as precocious and inquisitive as she is sweet. We are so very blessed:) This darling card was sitting on my plate when I sat down for tea:) A perfect way to start the morning...

No comments: