We decided it was time to have Sophia enter into the world of school~after all she's almost 3! She's so social and loves other kids we knew it would be such a positive experience for her. We spent a lot of time researching and touring different schools around town and ended on Phoenix Ranch which goes preschool-8th grade and we can walk there! We've started her off with 2 half days and she's in a classroom of 8 kids who all go 1/2 day as well and we loved this idea so she doesn't feel like her day is cut short. The night before her first day Sophia asked me "Is Preston going to come with me" and I said "no, he's going to stay home with Leyla" she asked why and I told her. Then I asked her if she was sad he wasn't going and she said "yeah"~too sweet. Her first day went off without a hitch! She was so excited and BT and I both dropped her off and she said "bye mommy and daddy". I called the school(of course) a few hours later and they told us how polite she is and that she was having a great day! Phew...what a relief! The next day wasn't so easy. LOTS of tears when I dropped her off and she begged me to stay(with her lip quivering and everything!). Broke mommy's heart. Again, I called an hour later and the teacher said she cried for 20 MINUTES STRAIGHT! Ay yay yay:( Once she stopped though she was a happy camper. Mrs. Oken(her teacher) said she asked a few times if Leyla was coming yet but other than that she was happy the rest of the day. We especially love their lunch program which has no high fructose corn syrup and only whole grain starches:) We know it'll just take a little time but she'll just love every moment and start begging us to go more days. We are so proud of our princess and it's a little bitter sweet to watch our "baby" grow up and know that she'll be in school for the rest of her life basically! Ha:)
And a couple grainy iphone pictures that I took of her when we were dropping her off the first day. She was immediately VERY busy:)

No comments:
Post a Comment