Labor was a much different experience this time around. With Sophia it was very CLEAR I was in labor and the contractions with her eventually became very regular, and very strong sending us straight to the hospital and 5 hours later she was born. This time around,contractions began after going to bed on Monday night Dec 21st and and I didn't have him until 12:30am on Christmas Eve. Contractions were never regular. They were anywhere from 4 minutes to 20 minutes apart for 2 full days leaving us confused. Finally we headed to the hospital(for the 2nd time) at 7pm on Dec 23rd. When we arrived I was dilated to 6cm. Once they hooked me up to the monitor they realized little Preston's chord was wrapped around his neck(but never told me). They told me his heart rate dropped with every contraction. My blood pressure dropped down to 80/50 after they gave me the epidural so they couldn't give me a constant drip and instead just gave me a little bit of the epidural medicine and as a result it wore off right when Preston decided to come out. Needless to say I was in the worst PAIN I've ever felt but it was of course worth it!! He was born at 12:28am weighing 7lbs 4oz. Preston John is such a beautiful, perfect addition to our family. He let us sleep in the hospital and ever since. Last night he slept for 9 hours only waking once to eat. When we brought him to his first pediatrician appointment at 9 days old he'd already gained 14oz!! The doc was so impressed.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Preston John's arrival!
Labor was a much different experience this time around. With Sophia it was very CLEAR I was in labor and the contractions with her eventually became very regular, and very strong sending us straight to the hospital and 5 hours later she was born. This time around,contractions began after going to bed on Monday night Dec 21st and and I didn't have him until 12:30am on Christmas Eve. Contractions were never regular. They were anywhere from 4 minutes to 20 minutes apart for 2 full days leaving us confused. Finally we headed to the hospital(for the 2nd time) at 7pm on Dec 23rd. When we arrived I was dilated to 6cm. Once they hooked me up to the monitor they realized little Preston's chord was wrapped around his neck(but never told me). They told me his heart rate dropped with every contraction. My blood pressure dropped down to 80/50 after they gave me the epidural so they couldn't give me a constant drip and instead just gave me a little bit of the epidural medicine and as a result it wore off right when Preston decided to come out. Needless to say I was in the worst PAIN I've ever felt but it was of course worth it!! He was born at 12:28am weighing 7lbs 4oz. Preston John is such a beautiful, perfect addition to our family. He let us sleep in the hospital and ever since. Last night he slept for 9 hours only waking once to eat. When we brought him to his first pediatrician appointment at 9 days old he'd already gained 14oz!! The doc was so impressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment