Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Halloween on the High Seas~ Disney Cruise 2017

We've been waiting for what seems like forever for this cruise to arrive! We booked it while aboard our last ship and had been counting down the days! We loved not having to fly across the country but we sure did miss the magic of Castaway Cay so we booked our next cruise and this time it's a Merrytime Cruise out of Galveston and it goes to Castaway...wahoooo!!! We fell in love with this Halloween on the High Seas cruise ship.  This was our first time on the Wonder and while it was very similar to the Magic it was different enough to keep it all new and fresh:) The ship was DECKED OUT head to toe in Halloween themed everything and they keep the ship immaculate so everything looks just perfect.  There's a giant tree in the atrium that is black and dead when you arrive and as the week goes on it sprouts pumpkins(and each night there are Halloween stories told by it).  We loved the Halloween dance party in the atrium and the trick or treating(where the kids got WAY too much candy).  Olivia was able to join in the kids club this time so the kids spent a ton of time there!  Our favorite is still pirate night! The entire ship gets into character and there's fireworks on the deck and a huge stage show outside beforehand under the stars! The kids learn so many interesting things about different cultures from our waiters and all the employees on the ship who are from all over the world.  Our wait staff was out of this world and the followed our table each night for dinner.  They had our drinks and appetizers ready for us before we sat down and did different magic tricks for the kiddos each night. A few new things we tried this time was a Disney Jr. Character Breakfast(I was able to book this ahead of time and it was included in the price of the cruise...wahooo!!).  Also, first thing we did when we got on the ship was hit up the Bippity Boppity Boutique(which I'll save for it's own post), Nana and I played Bingo which was super(we didn't win...ha), we also made a point to see all the live shows which were BEYOND AMAZING!! The last show was a full Broadway Disney production with every princess imaginable all wrapped into one big story....this was Mama's FAVE!! I'm also going to separate out our port adventures in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta! So much fun and we cannot wait to go again:)!! (Once again I made shirts and once again I said I'd never do it again...but they turned out so dang cute...just WAY too much work!!!)












 Oh and I always make our door magnets! And these I'll definitely make again.  So fun personalizing them and coming up with new ideas:) Love them!!












































































No comments: