Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Olivia's birthday!

Olivia made her long awaited entrance on Wednesday, May 22nd and it was our best(and fastest)delivery yet! The pattern has been, the girls were fast and painless and the boys were longer and more painful but all equally worth it of course.  We arrived at the hospital at 5am sharp with contractions 7 minutes apart consistently.  After many trips the previous weeks I knew this was the real deal!! They immediately admitted me and hooked me up to an iv antibiotic drip however we soon found out that I was allergic to the antibiotic! My throat felt like it was closing and I started coughing like crazy. I got my epidural at 7:30am and my doctor broke my water at 8:30am and at that time I was dilated to a 7.  So we just waited and hung out with my doctor pain free!! It was amazing.  At 10am she looked at me and said "you look way too comfortable to be ready but I'll check you anyway".  To all of our surprise I was at a 10 and ready to push!! I pushed 6x and our beautiful, perfect, Olivia Rose was in our arms.  We cried tears of joy.  Each birth is so amazing and unreal.  She has completed our family.  She weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 20.5" long.  She's now 10 days old and is an amazing baby and eater!! She sleeps like an angel right in between mommy and daddy and gave us 6.5 hours straight last night.  We just stare at her all day.  Daddy will have a total of 1 month off work so this has been a very special time for our family to all be together and enjoy every moment with our new love.  The kids are over the moon with her and are remarkably gentle!! She's brought a calm and peace to our home and we could not imagine a more perfect baby:) WE LOVE YOU OLIVIA!!!











































No comments: