Monday, February 25, 2013
Phia's got marriage on the mind...
Phia's #1 concern for the past 6 months or so has been who she's going to marry. Her and I had a long conversation one night before bed about her desire to marry "Daddy". "But who am I going to marry if I don't marry him"? and then the tears started rolling down her face. She's very serious about this and concerned as well. She always asks about our wedding photos and talks about getting married. I make sure to express the importance of growing up first, going to college, learning about herself, traveling etc before she thinks about marriage. She doesn't seem to want to wait that long...but we know once she understands all this...she will!! Here is a little conversation she had with Daddy this weekend about marriage:
Phia: "How did you first see mommy"
Daddy: "You mean how did I meet her?"
Phia: "yes"
Daddy: "In School"
Phia: "Wow, that must've been a long time ago, like in kindergarten"
Daddy: "No, in college"
Phia: " You saw the girl you wanted to marry and her name was Jennifer, but we don't call her Jennifer, we call her mommy"
Daddy: "That's right!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment