Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sophia's St. Patrick's Day school party


One of my favorite parts of being room mommy is planning the menus:)

Mommy threw another awesome school party for St. Patty's Day!! And the theme was...drum roll...green food!! When I showed up all the kids were in music class and the sneaky Leprechaun had completely destroyed the classroom! He tipped over the books, the tables, and even put the trashcan on the potty that sneaky little guy. The kids set a trap in hopes of catching him but instead the sneaky guy left gold and lollipops for everyone under the trap! The kids had so much fun discovering all the mischief the little leprchaun had gotten into while they were gone. It was so fun to see their faces. After cleaning up, we made four leaf clover lollipops out of lifesavers and decorated sugar cookies with green frosting. Sophia was soooo excited bc she'd accumulated 5 stickers so she got to go into the magic box for a prize:) I truly have the best of both worlds. I'm able to participate in all the kids extracurricular activities AND work...it's a beautiful thing:)

I just love Sophia's face when she saw the mess. She's so animated and excitable. Makes everyone around her smile:)

It's gold!!

Sweet Phia concentrating very hard on decorating her cookie. She's always the last to finish as she takes great pride in savoring every morsel of her food:)

All the kids gathered around to see what the leprechaun left for them!

They sing really cute songs at school and Sophia is always really excited to participate. I love this action shot of her singing and dancing!



Not surprised one bit when Phia sits in Miss Adele's chair and pretends to teach the class. She is DEFINITELY a leader and loves to pretend to be in charge:) She uses "Penelope"(the wooden spoon with a painted face) as her pointer when teaching...just like Miss Adele!

Me and Phia. You are everything I ever dreamed of in a little girl and SO much more. You are brave, and strong, and so confident. I'm so very proud of you Miss Sophia Lilly!!

Note: Sophia's "act of service" is to bake cookies for others(and by others we hope she means her mommy and daddy...ha!) For Lent she gave up watching so much tv:)

No comments: