This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. (Babycenter.com)
I've been feeling pretty good this week. Getting around in general and picking up Sophia is getting more difficult and the reality of labor is setting in. I'm hoping the knowledge I have the 2nd time around doesn't end up scaring me more! We're frantically awaiting the news on our potential new house. If all goes well we will be moving in on December 11th. We'll have only a few short weeks to get this lil' monkey's nursery ready so we're planning and plotting in our heads everyday! I had an excellent doc appointment today and I'm measuring exactly 33 weeks, blood pressure low, not gaining too much weight(gained 4lbs in 8 weeks...can't complain). All good news! Next appointment is at 35 weeks and we'll have an ultrasound...wohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment